Thursday, September 19, 2013

Afternoon and Evening hike on Phoneline Trail Sabino Canyon, Arizona September 16, 2013

                                       Desert vegetation including Saguaro Cactus, Teddy bear Cholla, Ocotillo

On September 16th I arrived at Sabino Canyon earlier in the afternoon to hike more of the Phoneline Trail and see the sunset higher up. I left the visitor's center at 4 pm and hiked on the trail toward Bear Canyon. After 0.8 miles I crossed Sabino Creek which had a healthy flow. The desert was also greener a direct result of the healthy monsoon season in southern Arizona. The Ocotillos have robust foliage on them. I hiked on the Phoneline Trail for 2.5 miles until I turned around because of darkness. Overall I hiked about six miles. Enjoy my pictures of the beautiful sunset and evening.

                      On the Phoneline Trail looking toward Tucson

                            Looking up Sabino Canyon with last light. Pusch Wilderness is on your right and ahead.

                                    Ocotillo, rocks and setting sun colors

                Arizona sunset

                Vegetation with sunset colors

No comments:

Post a Comment