Saturday, January 25, 2014

Gates Pass Exploration Tucson Mountains January 20, 2014

                         Tucson Mountains above Gates Pass

After lunch on Martin Luther King Day I drove up to Gates Pass in the Tucson Mountains to do some hiking and photograph the Tucson Mountains. There are few trails at Gates Pass but I was able to scramble up to the top of small mountains using unofficial trails (as a result I do not know length or elevation gain). I do not usually go off-trail because it encourages the creation of illegal trails and accelerates erosion in the mountains. Respect wildlife and plant life. Hiking around I did see a disturbing amount of trash some of which I picked up. Enjoy our wild lands but please pack it out.

                     Tucson Mountains looking toward Saguaro Park West


           Extremely windy Gates Pass Road

                       Gates Pass Road at the summit

No comments:

Post a Comment