One of the best preserved mining relic in Pioche is the aerial tram. The tram transported ore from the mines on Treasure Hill to Godbe mill in the valley for processing. The tram started operations in 1920 and ended 10 years later in 1930. The tram was mainly gravity powered with the aid of a five horsepower motor.
Structure on the tram route
Tram history sign with Pioche in background
The top of the tram where ore was loaded into the buckets
The tram climbing a hill on its way to the mill