Thursday, August 11, 2011

North Furlong Creek to Roads End 8/8/2011

Last light on Wines Peak

I would start on my Harrison Pass post and read this one last. These four posts are about a backpacking trip I took in the Ruby Mountains of Central Nevada.

I woke up my last morning in the wilderness well rested and ready for my last day on the trail. I ate a breakfast of oatmeal with dried fruit, purified some water and packed up my camp. Today would be a relatively easy day with approximately 7 miles to Roads End. I left camp at 7:50 am and easily summited the low divide between the North Furlong drainage and Favre lake drainage. An hour later I arrived at Favre lake and took a ten minute break before beginning my final climb to 10,400 foot Liberty pass. By mid-morning I summited relieved to be on top. I celebrated with a snow slushy and then descended to Lamoille lake. I ate some trail mix lakeside then hiked by Dollar lakes to my car at the Road's End parking lot arriving at 12:30. Overall, the trip was awesome with beautiful lakes, views, and stars. My feet performed very well with no blisters or sore spots. This is certainly one of the premier hikes in the west.

On top of Liberty Pass

Look down on Liberty lake

Scenery on the descent into the Favre lake drainage
Scenery in upper part of North Furlong drainage
























No comments:

Post a Comment